Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rags to Riches

Okay, so I am jumping the gun a little, but I am getting the itch to decorate my daughter's bedroom- she's 4 months! We always kept that room as the "nursery" and kept it generic since we never wanted to find out what we were having. Now that we are done having kids, the wall's in her room beckon to me like Michel Angelo and the Sistine Chapel. 

Those who know me also know that I LOVE a good deal, it's the thrill of the hunt, and I found a great piece this weekend for only $4.  Here is my Rags to Riches find:

                                                                        Before:

After:

 I don't think the picture does it justice, but it turned out great! I added a few more green ribbon's to the frame and it looks awesome!  All I did was take scrapbook paper that have the colors of her room in it, traced out the frame on the paper, sprayed Elmer's adhesive glue to the frame, attached the paper, and put mod podge on top to give it a finished look.  After I hang it in the bedroom I will take another picture so you can see how it all came together!

1 comment: